Monday 17 November 2014

Staycation North Norfolk: Sticky Earth Cafe, Cromer


On our recent trip to North Norfolk I took Lyra along to the Sticky Earth Cafe in Cromer to get messy and creative and to make David his Christmas present.  Last year, as a family, we had made decorations for the Grandparents with Lyra's handprint but this year she and I decided it would be extra special if she did something just for her dad.  

The staff are very helpful and are used to working with small children. They suggested popping her into a high chair instead of having her on my lap (such a great idea) and provided her with a smock to cover her clothes.  

We selected a cereal bowl, a few paint colours and let her get creative.  I'll admit that I did HELP a few times, wiping her fingers, turing the bowl around, and helping her to change colour but for the most part she did it all herself with either her fingers or a paintbrush.  

I asked about putting her handprints on the outside of the bowl and the staff said that was not a problem.  They painted her hands and placed them on the bowl for me so I didn't have to worry about mucking it all up. 

A few days later it was glazed and fired and ready to collect.  Now we just have to keep it hidden until Christmas...our little secret. 


If you are in the Cromer area and looking for a fun way to spend part of your day I really recommend Sticky Earth Cafe.  At 14 months Lyra breezed in and out in about an hour, max...but she was busy busy busy that whole time.  

Sticky Earth Ceramic Cafe

15 Church Street 
Cromer 
NR27 9ES


Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment