Sunday 9 November 2014

Meal Ideas: Homemade Hamburger Helper


The original recipe for this dish is called 5-STAR CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE because it pretty much tastes like a cheeseburger (including dill pickle topping)...awesome right? I came across it on Pinterest the other month while searching for new things to make with a package of ground beef and I immediately thought of the Hamburger Helper Man from the TV commercials of my childhood (who doesn't love a dancing glove).  I can't actually remember if I have ever had Hamburger Helper, I know that I have never made it myself and I'm pretty sure my Mum never made it for us...but I can't be sure.  Anyway, I don't imagine it tastes as good as this does and I'm pretty sure it would take just as long to make as this casserole did...but you do need to buy nice, juicy, tasty tomatoes (although I suppose a tin of chopped would work as well) which makes it more expensive than a box of Hamburger Helper I suppose.  




No comments:

Post a Comment