Monday 6 October 2014

Toddler Snacks: Spinach Muffins


Like most parents, I am always on the look out for new ways to incorporate veggies into Lyra's diet. For the most part she is pretty good about eating whatever I put in front of her...but OF COURSE I worry that she isn't getting enough of those important vitamins and minerals we all know we are supposed to be getting by the bushel full.  

I found this awesome recipe for Spinach Muffins while searching Pinterest for Toddler snack ideas.  They are basically banana muffins with a good hit of spinach.  They don't actually taste like spinach, so it is no surprise that Lyra has been gobbling them up.

I substituted 1cup of frozen, thawed spinach (that I had squeezed all the water out of) for the fresh spinach, and chopped it finely instead of wizzing everything in a blender since I don't have one and Lyra is terrified of the hand held one. 

The recipe made 12 mini muffins and 6 Mummy sized ones.  We put a few aside to devour within the next couple days and froze the rest.  

Give them a go...you really can't go wrong! 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I think I'll have to try these for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete