Wednesday 25 February 2015

Eating out in Edinburgh: The Edinburgh Larder Cafe

Tucked off The Royal Mile on Blackfriars Street is the lovely The Edinburgh Larder Cafe.  When we first moved up to Edinburgh I often walked from our old flat in Stockbridge over to the Old Town and loved stopping in at The Edinburgh Larder for breakfast...the porridge is perfect on a damp Edinburgh morning.  I've not been since Lyra arrived, partly because it is a small cafe making it difficult with the buggy, and partly because I rarely find myself wandering up and down The Royal Mile these days.  Earlier this month, however, I took Lyra to an early morning storytelling session at The Scottish Storytelling Centre and decided to pop into The Edinburgh Larder for a snack afterwards.


I had thought about sitting with Lyra in the window, so that she could sit beside me on the banquette, but one of the lovely staff told me that there was a highchair so we ended up pulling that up to the large communal table.  The cafe was quiet so we had the table to ourselves, which was nice, but I'm sure Lyra would have happily entertained anyone who chose to sat with us. 


Lyra snacked on half of a decent sized sone with butter and jam (and also ended up having some of the sausage from my breakfast roll) and happily gobbled it right up.  The coffee is good, the breakfast list is extensive and the staff are very friendly.



The Edinburgh Larder

15 Blackfriars Street
Edinburgh 
EH1 1NB 

@edin_larder 

Open Mon-Fri 8-5, Sat-Sun 9-5

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review - hope to see you and the little one at the cafe again soon!

    ReplyDelete